1 Tablespoon olive oil
1 zucchini, chopped
1 yellow bell pepper, chopped
½ red onion, chopped
1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
2 cloves garlic, minced,
½ teaspoon salt
¼ teaspoon pepper
1 cup whole wheat couscous
1 ½ cups reduced-sodium chicken or vegetable broth
- Over medium heat, cook zucchini, bell pepper and onion in olive oil in a large skillet for 5 minutes, stirring often.
- Add garlic, cherry tomatoes and salt and pepper. Cook for another 5 minutes, stirring often.
- Add broth and bring to a boil over high heat.
- Add couscous and stir well. Top with a lid or foil and remove pan from heat.
- Let stand 5 minutes. Fluff with a spoon and serve.
Nutrition information: Per half cup serving: 105 calories, 2 grams fat, 0 mg cholesterol