Carrot, Chickpea & Raisin Salad
A 5-ingredient salad with carrots, chickpeas, raisins, cilantro and almonds, tossed in a citrus ginger vinaigrette.
- Prep Time: 15 min
- Cook Time: 0 min
- Total Time: 15 min + 30 min refrigeration
- Yield: Serves 8 1x
- Category: Salad
- Method: No-Cook
- Cuisine: Moroccan
- 3 Tbsp. olive oil
- Zest and juice of 1 small orange
- Zest and juice of 1 small lemon
- 1-inch piece ginger, finely grated
- 1 ½ Tbsp. honey
- 1 Tbsp. white wine or champagne vinegar
- ¾ tsp. coarse salt
- ¼ tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- 1 lb. carrots, peeled and shredded (about 4–5 cups)
- 1 (15 oz.) can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup raisins
- ½ cup fresh cilantro leaves, chopped
- ¼ cup sliced almonds
- ¼ cup crumbled feta (optional)
- Place the dressing ingredients in a jar fitted with a lid and shake until well-combined.
- Place the carrots, chickpeas, raisins, cilantro and almonds in a bowl. Add the dressing and toss to combine. Refrigerate at least 30 minutes.
- Top with feta right before serving, if desired.
*Refrigerate salad in an airtight container up to 3 days.
- Serving Size: 1/8 of recipe
- Calories: 274
- Sugar: 24
- Sodium: 419
- Fat: 10
- Saturated Fat: 1
- Unsaturated Fat: 9
- Trans Fat: 0
- Carbohydrates: 44
- Fiber: 7
- Protein: 6
- Cholesterol: 0