Yields: 4 servings
Serving size: 1 ½ cup
463 per serving
Protein per serving:
22 grams when prepared with Super Milk
- 3 medium potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- ½ small onion, peeled and chopped
- 2 Tbsp. butter
- 1 Tbsp. flour
- 2 cups Super Milk or whole milk
- 3 eggs, hard-cooked, peeled, chopped and pushed through a sieve
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a heavy saucepan, cook the potatoes in chicken broth with celery and onion until the potatoes are tender.
- Blend the mixture in a blender or processor.
- In the same pan over low heat, melt the butter and stir in flour to make a paste.
- Slowly add the milk, stirring or whisking continuously until the mixture is thoroughly blended and heated through.
- Add the pureed potato mixture, eggs and cheese.
- Mix well and season with salt and pepper as desired.