Prep time 5 mins
Cook time 15 mins
Total time 20 mins
- 3 cups rolled old fashioned oats (gluten free if gluten intolerant)
- ½ cup sunflower seeds
- 2 tablespoons oil (I used almond oil, however you can use oil of choice)
- 3 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, combine oats, sunflower seeds, oil, maple syrup and vanilla extract. Stir together with a spatula until evenly mixed.
- Add in the cinnamon and salt, mix together.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and lightly spray with cooking spray.
- Pour granola onto the baking sheet, making sure it’s evenly distributed.
- Bake for 10 minutes, then stir, baking another 5 minutes, until golden brown.
- Remove and let cool.
You can easily jazz up this recipe to make it your own! Add your favorite dried fruits, nuts or heck, chocolate chips if you’re feeling up to it!
Author: Elizabeth Shaw