- 90 grams udon noodles or another Asian-style noodle (1 bundle)
- 1 cup frozen shelled edamame, steamed (see note)
- 2 cups chopped spinach
- 1/4 cup peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 teaspoon ginger, grated
- 4 tablespoons water
- Chopped fresh herbs (basil, cilantro, mint)
- Roasted peanuts (shelled)
- Lime wedges
- Crushed red pepper
Prepare the noodles:
- Add noodles to boiling water and simmer 5 minutes, or until tender. Drain, rinse with cold water, and set aside.
Prepare the sauce:
- In the meantime, whisk together peanut butter, rice vinegar, soy sauce, garlic, and ginger in a large bowl. Add water gradually and whisk until sauce is pourable.
- Stir in cooked noodles, edamame, and spinach.
- Serve with fresh herbs, peanuts, lime wedges, and crushed red pepper, if using.
To steam edamame: microwave in a steamable bag, or fill bottom of steamer pot with one inch of water and add frozen shelled edamame to top basket of steamer and cook 5 minutes, or until hot.