½ cup rolled oats
½ cup all-purpose flour
1/3 cup light brown sugar
¼ tsp cinnamon
6 tbsp. cold unsalted butter, cut into cubs
4 golden delicious apples
¼ cup light brown sugar
½ tsp cinnamon
¼ tsp cardamom
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Lightly grease 4 (8 ounce) ramekins with butter. Set aside.
2. For streusel: Place oats, flour, sugar, cinnamon, and brown sugar in a mixing bowl and stir together.
3. Cut in butter until a coarse mealy texture forms. Place the bowl in the freezer for 20 minutes.
4. For filling: Combine all filling ingredients into a large mixing bowl and toss together until thoroughly mixed. Divide filling mixture into prepared ramekins and set aside.
5. Remove streusel from freezer and fluff with a fork until crumbly in texture. Divide streusel between the ramekins. (you want the crisps to be filled all the way to the top of each ramekin)
6. Place crisps onto a baking sheet and bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until golden brown. Allow crisps to cool for 7 to 10 minutes before serving each with a scoop of ice cream on top.
We always encourage our patients to eat more fruits and vegetables and how about this beauty!