Serving Size: 1 1/2 cups
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- 2 cups cooked whole wheat orzo pasta
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 red onion, diced
- 1 red pepper, diced
- 1 yellow pepper, diced
- 1 orange pepper, diced
- ½ cup sun dried tomatoes, drained oil
- 2 tablespoons oil (reserved from tomatoes)
- ½ cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- Drain sun dried tomatoes, reserving 2 tablespoons of oil.
- Place tomatoes in a food processor and pulse until finely chopped.
- Heat reserved oil in a skillet, adding garlic, onion and peppers. Saute for 3-5 minutes.
- Place pasta in a bowl, add pepper mixture, sun dried tomatoes and Italian seasoning. Mix well.
- Sprinkle feta cheese on top.
- Dish can be served warm or cold.
Serving Size: 1 1/2 cups | Servings Per Recipe: 6 | Calories 213 | Total Fat 9.7g | Saturated Fat 2.6g | Total Carbohydrate 29.8g | Dietary Fiber 2.8g | Total Sugars 3.3g | Protein 6.2g | Sodium 166 mg | Vitamin D 0mcg | Calcium 79mg
Courtesy of: Beth Ackerman, RD, CDE