If you are like me, your microwave is a necessity and is almost my “best friend” I use it some many times a day. This recipe is so versatile it could easily be done on the stove top or be baked in the oven.
By Mary Beth Peiffer
- 4-6-oz salmon steaks
- 1 1∕2 cups of hot water
- 2 peppercorns
- 1 lemon, thinly sliced
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 teaspoon of instant minced onion
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt or to taste
- 1∕3 cup of dry wine (optional)
- 1∕2 cup of sour cream
- 1 tablespoon of finely chopped parsley
- 1 teaspoon of lemon juice
- 1∕2 teaspoon of dried dill weed
- Pinch of white pepper
- In an oval microwave-baking dish, pour the water and wine. Add the peppercorns, lemon, bay leaf, onion and salt.
- Microwave on High for approximately 5 minutes or until it reaches a full boil.
- Carefully place the salmon steaks in the hot liquid. Microwave covered with plastic wrap on High for approximately 2 to 3 minutes or until the fish becomes opaque.
- Let the steaks stand for about 5 minutes to finish cooking.
- To prepare the sauce, mix all the ingredients in a small bowl. Cook on 80% power for 1 to 2 minutes or until hot.
- Drain the salmon and serve with the heated sauce.