Dump 8 ingredients into a pot, set it and forget it! You’ve got a super simple, healthy meal in under 20 minutes with this protein-powered, vegetarian dish.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Author: Ginger Hultin RD
- 4 cups uncooked whole wheat or bean/lentil pasta
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 15 oz can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 14.5 oz can diced tomatoes (not drained)
- 2 medium bell peppers, chopped
- 1 cup frozen corn kernels
- 10 oz can enchilada sauce (either green or red)
- 2 tablespoons taco seasoning
- 1/2 cup shredded regular or vegan cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup cilantro, chopped
- 1 small avocado, chopped
- In a large skillet or pot, combine the pasta, broth, black beans, tomatoes, peppers, corn, enchilada sauce, and taco seasoning.
- Bring it to a boil over medium-high heat, then reduce the heat to medium-low and simmer, uncovered, until the pasta is al dente (slightly firm yet cooked through) and the sauce has thickened, 14-15 minutes.
- Add the cheddar cheese and stir until it’s melted and incorporated. Feel free to use vegan cheese for a totally vegan/dairy-free dish.
- Serve hot with any additional cheese desired, fresh cilantro, and avocado as a garnish.
Serving: 1.5cups | Calories: 444kcal | Carbohydrates: 84g | Protein: 18g | Fat: 5g