- 2- 15oz cans of black beans, drained & rinsed
- 1 cup Old Fashioned oats
- 1 egg
- 1 cup mushrooms & onions, finely chopped & sautéed (~ 1/2 an onion & 4oz white mushrooms)
- 1 tsp cumin
- A dash each of salt & pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 F and lightly grease a baking sheet or line with parchment paper or a silpat mat (my fave!)
- Dump your (drained & rinsed) black beans into a medium sized mixing bowl and mash with a fork or potato masher, leaving a few chunks for texture. Set aside.
- Sauté your mushrooms in onion in a sauté pan over medium heat until onions are translucent and mushrooms are tender.*
- Add all ingredients to the black beans. Mix with your hands and form into ~8 burger patties.
- Place patties onto prepared baking sheet.
- Bake at 350 for 20 minutes.
- When the burgers have finished baking, finish them on the stove to crisp up the edges. Heat a splash of olive oil in a sauté pan. Place a few burgers on the pan and fry for 1 minute on each side or until golden brown.
- Serve with ketchup and mustard!