Slow Cooker Green and White Chicken Chili is an easy and healthy meal to make for your family. Garnish with delicious toppings such as sour cream, fresh cilantro, and avocado to dress up this flavorful soup!
- Slow Cooker
- 2 lbs. boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- 16 oz. tomatillo salsa
- 1 lg. sweet potato, unpeeled and cut into 1 inch cubes
- 6 cups chicken broth (or vegetable broth)
- 1 4 oz. can diced green chilies
- 1 1.25 oz. package of white chicken chili seasoning mix
- 2 16 oz. cans pinto beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 15.5 oz. cans navy beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp. cumin
- Salt and pepper, to taste
Cilantro, avocado, Mexican cheese, sour cream, finely chopped onion, green onions.
- Add chicken breasts to bottom of your slow cooker and top with the tomatillo salsa. Then add in all remaining ingredients (except garnish ideas) and gently stir.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 6 hours or on HIGH for 4 hours. Remove the chicken thighs to large mixing bowl, shred, then return to slow cooker. (Or you can shred in your slow cooker, I just always like to take mine out!)
- Add the chicken back in, taste and adjust salt and pepper if desired and serve with desired toppings.
Per Serving: (no garnish) | Calories: 309kcal | Carbohydrates: 28.4g | Protein: 34.3g | Sodium: 433.5mg
Author: Kroll’s Korner