Healthy, easy enchilada quinoa made right in the crock pot. Just set it and forget it for a cheesy, protein-packed meal.
Prep Time: 5 Min
Cook Time: 4 Hours
Total Time: 4 Hours 5 Min
- 1 15-ounce can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup fresh or frozen corn kernels
- 2 15-ounce cans red enchilada sauce, divided
- 1 15-ounce can tomatoes and green chilies
- 1 cup dry quinoa
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- ½ cup water
- 1 cup shredded Mexican style cheese
- Optional: chopped cilantro, diced avocado, sour cream
- Add beans, corn, 1 can of enchilada sauce, diced tomatoes and chilies, quinoa, cream cheese, water and cumin to the slow cooker. Stir everything together.
- Pour remaining can of enchilada sauce on top, then sprinkle with shredded cheese. Cover and cook 4-5 hours on high or 5-7 hours on low.
- Uncover, top with optional ingredients as desired.
Per Serving: Calories: 355 kcal, Carbohydrates: 29 g, Protein: 14 g, Fat: 20 g, Saturated Fat: 11 g, Cholesterol: 58 mg, Sodium: 294 mg, Potassium: 304 mg, Fiber: 3 g, Sugar: 1 g, Vitamin A: 576 IU, Vitamin C: 1 mg, Calcium: 233 mg, Iron: 2 mg
Author: Creme De La Crumb