Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Yield: 6 Servings
- 1 pound fresh or frozen spinach
- 6 large eggs
- ½ C. plain yogurt
- ½ C. pasteurized feta or goat cheese, crumbled
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 t. dried oregano
- ½ t. ground cinnamon
- ¼ C. panko or bread crumbs
- 3 T. ground walnuts
- ½ t. olive oil
- Place all the ingredients into a blender.
- Place the spinach in a large pot with ¼ C. of water. Cook over medium heat until wilted and most of the water is evaporated. Remove from the heat, let cool, and squeeze the remaining liquid from the leaves. Transfer to a food processor and chop into small pieces. Transfer to a large bowl.
- Add the eggs, yogurt, cheese, garlic, oregano, and cinnamon and stir to combine.
- In a small bowl, combine the panko (or bread crumbs) and chopped walnuts. Coat a 9-inch pie plate or baking dish with the olive oil. Press the walnut mixture into an even layer on the bottom of the pan.
- Pour the spinach mixture evenly over the walnut crust. Bake for 30 to 40 minutes.