Servings 8 waffles
- 2 small zucchini grated
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 cup All-purpose flour or white whole wheat
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan
- 1/3 cup sugar granulated or coconut sugar
- 1 Tbsp baking powder
- 1 Tbsp. ground flaxseed
- 1 tsp. Salt
- 1/4 tsp. Nutmeg
- Grate zucchini with cheese grater using the small holes. Using a cheese cloth or a towel, squeeze out excess water in zucchini. Very important to get as much water removed as you can!
- Preheat the waffle iron to medium.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk, and vanilla extract.
- In a small bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, flaxseed, nutmeg, Parmesan and salt.
- Mix the contents of the small bowl into the large bowl and then add the zucchini and mix until everything is well combined.
- Coat the waffle iron with nonstick spray.
- Place enough batter on the waffle iron to fill the area. Close the lid and cook until lightly browned.
- Serve topped with Parmesan, butter and maple syrup!
Recipe Notes I love this recipe because it makes 4-5 waffles – perfect when you just want waffles without a ton of leftovers!