- 2 eggs, hard boiled, peeled, chopped
- 2 tsp butter
- 2 large salmon fillets, skin removed, cut into serving portions, about 6 oz.
- 4 sheets of puff pastry dough thawed
- 2 shallots diced
- 2 tbl drained capers
- 1 tbl finely chopped fresh dill
- Salt and black pepper to taste.
- Egg wash, 1 egg beaten with 2 tbl water
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Cut rectangles from each pastry sheet, to accommodate each filet, dough should be double the width of each portion. Place a piece of salmon on one side of each pastry rectangle. Combine the green shallot, capers and dill in a small bowl. Sprinkle the salmon evenly with the shallot mixture and top with some of the chopped hard boiled eggs, then season with salt and pepper.
- Bring edges of pastry together to enclose filling and pinch to seal. Brush some egg wash over each wrapped salmon packet. Place on a parchment lined baking tray. Bake on top shelf of oven for 15-18 minutes or until golden
Creamy Dijon Dill Sauce Recipe from Chef Don
- ½ cup sour cream (or plain Greek yogurt)
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- 2 Tbsp. Dijon mustard
- 2 tsp dried dill weed leaves
- To make sauce, mix the sour cream, mayo, mustard and dill weed together
Author: Julie Lanford, MPH, RD, CSO, LDN