- 1 cup uncooked quinoa ~2.5 cups cooked
- 2 cups Vegetable broth, low sodium
- 1/4 cup red onion, chopped
- 2 carrots, peeled and chopped
- 3/4 cup frozen peas, thawed
- 3/4 cup frozen corn, thawed
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1/2 tsp. ginger, minced
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- 2 Tbsp. Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 eggs
- salt, pepper, red pepper chili flakes
- 3 Tbsp. Soy sauce, low sodium or liquid aminos
- 1 tsp. Sesame oil
- 2 Tbsp. Mr. Yoshinda’s sweet and savory sauce
- Rinse and cook quinoa according to package. Once cooked, remove from heat, fluff with fork, place in a bowl and put in fridge to cool.
- Mix the 3 ingredients for the sauce together and set aside.
- Heat 1 Tbsp. EVOO in a wok on high heat. Toss in the carrots and the onions and cook for a couple minutes. Then add in the garlic, salt, pepper, garlic powder, red pepper flakes, and ginger and cook for 2 more minutes. Add the remaining EVOO and the quinoa.
- Add the sauce until nicely incorporated. Make a well in the middle of the quinoa to pour the 2 eggs. Pour eggs in and scramble.
- Once eggs have cooked, toss in the peas and corn. Mix together, enjoy warm!
You may substitute teriyaki sauce for Mr. Yoshinda’s