Stuffed with ooey gooey cheese, peppered with bits of jalapeño pepper, and topped with crunchy breadcrumbs, you’ll be hard pressed to not bite into one the minute you take them out of the oven.
4 zucchini boats
1 zucchini boat
- 2 medium zucchinis (about 3/4 pound)
- tablespoons reduced-fat shredded Cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons light tub-style cream cheese
- 2 tablespoons light sour cream
- 1 1/2 teaspoons finely chopped jarred jalapeño peppers
- 4 tablespoons panko breadcrumbs
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- Slice the zucchini in half lengthwise. Using a spoon, carefully scoop out the seeds to form zucchini boats. Place on a microwave-safe plate and microwave on high for 1 minute. Blot any moisture from the zucchini with a paper towel and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, place Cheddar, cream cheese, sour cream, and jalapeños, and stir well with a fork until smooth. Spread about 2 tablespoons cheese mixture in each of the zucchini boats.
- Place the stuffed zucchini on a baking sheet, sprinkle each boat evenly with 1 tablespoon of the breadcrumbs, spray well with cooking spray, and bake for 25 minutes, or until the crumb topping is golden brown. Let cool slightly before digging in!
Per Serving: Calories 80 | Total Fat 4 g | Saturated Fat 2 g | Sodium 130 mg | Cholesterol 15mg | Total Carbohydrate 6 g | Dietary Fiber 1 g | Total Sugars 1g | Protein 6 g | Vitamin D 0mcg | Calcium 56mg | Iron 0mg | Potassium 272mg
Author: Marlene Koch, RD, Eat What You Love